• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Red Carpet

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Figured I'd start a thread regarding companies which go above and beyond to support the military member as a matter of course. This isn't about the usual "military discount," though those are nice. But if anybody's really had the red carpet rolled out for them, post it here, both to thank the organization responsible and to allow the rest of us to get in on the scam! :D

The Best Western Seven Seas in San Diego does its best to put the BOQs to shame. If they overflow and you end up there on orders, being military puts you in the "preferred guest club." What does that mean? Free breakfast. Not just the cheesy "continental breakfast," but a real buffet with eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, etc. Meh, you say. But also: free dinner. And get this: AN OPEN BAR. FREE DRINKS. Selection's not great, but hey. IT'S FREE!

I'm guessing they get away with the last part because the barkeep is one of those literally larger than life people. Both big (not obese, just big) and a loud, obnoxious, yet affable sonofagun. I'm guessing he'd probably toss you out on your ass if you started being stupid.

Cordespc

None
Contributor
KMEI is the only place I've had an actual red carpet placed on the tarmac by the ground crew. The FBO is good too, free hotdogs/popcorn, and free T-shirts as well. Good people.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
KMEI is the only place I've had an actual red carpet placed on the tarmac by the ground crew. The FBO is good too, free hotdogs/popcorn, and free T-shirts as well. Good people.
Funny, us locals don't get the red carpet:D

Goob83

None
Moffett Field Golf Course (Run by NASA) currently gives active duty FREE GOLF during the weekday, cart not included, but it is easy to walk. With the prices in the SF Bay Area this is hell of a deal. Then when your done 2 dollar Beers all day long any day and every day.