• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The waiver wait

jayjiggums

Does anybody have any idea how long I can expect to wait for some tattoo waivers? I submitted them in early March and have heard nothing. I called my OSO about 3 weeks ago and they said they hadn't heard anything, but that they'd call me. I just want to know if 3 months is enough for me to believe that they're gaffing me off, or if I just need to keep patient and shut up. Thanks in advance.

penderwt

yut king
i had a waivor for a streaking arrest, yes, streaking, and it took five or six months. Ask your OSO about the waivor status when you have another reason to talk to him (eg, pool functions, PFTs). Don't call him every other day, but when you happen to be talking to him anyway, it couldn't hurt to ask "hey, sir, do you happen to know the status on that tattoo waivor? Any idea on when it might come through?"

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
My experience with waivers is: ASK. 3 months is a long time for any waiver. Ask to make sure your paperwork didn't get lost or something, this sometimes happens. Somebody should be able to give you a straight answer, just be tactful and don't assume they're trying to screw you over.

mserver

I never had to worry about getting a waiver for my tattoos. My OSO took care of it for me; he is the man. But from the first time I heard about it to when he told me everything was good to go, it probably took no more than 3 weeks. And my tattoos are very visible...

jayjiggums

mserver said:
I never had to worry about getting a waiver for my tattoos. My OSO took care of it for me; he is the man. But from the first time I heard about it to when he told me everything was good to go, it probably took no more than 3 weeks. And my tattoos are very visible...

I live in the South Bay area, where does your OSO operate out of?

mserver

same OSO as you, out of Los Angeles. Everything was fine with my waivers, never had any trouble. It seemed like everything went through fast, I was never worried.

jayjiggums

The community college I'm at right now is in the South Bay, but for some reason we fall under the Orange County OSO's area, so thats who I'm going through right now. I wonder if they can continue to work with me after I transfer to UCLA in the fall.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Jay,
Im looking at transferring schools also and the word I got from my OSO was that if you transfer to a school out of your OSO's district then you work with someone else. I, fortunately am transferring within the same district, LA, which is also where UCLA falls under.

I dont know anything about Orange County, but I can assure you that the LA OSO is awesome. Im sure Server would agree!