• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thoughts on score, retake or not?

Submit or Retake?

• Total voters

Sestix

Took the ASTB a few months ago with a Marine OSO but I am wanting to go Navy. Wasn't fully prepared for it but don't think I did horrible. A lot of people say the OAR doesn't matter on here for aviation which is the route I'd be going. OSO said I had good scores and thinks it would be fine for the Navy. Also have LORs from 2 Officers who are also commissioned pilots. Currently in a tech degree and should graduate with a 3.0. Private Pilot rated and will be Commercial by graduation. Lots of community service hours as well from boyscouts.

Selection:
1. SNA 2. NFO

Scores:
OAR 36
5/8/6

Seen a few people on here who have gotten SNA slots with 40's and 4's and 5's for the 3 sections. Wouldn't be submitting a package until next year (2022) so I still have plenty of time if it would be better to retake. My only worry with the current score is the OAR and my worry of a retake is being able to get an 8 again on PFAR. Should I submit next board when the time comes and see what happens first or would I even been considered? Thanks.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Really? Do you really need a poll to make decisions? Especially this minor?

“Hey everybody the CO wants to know if I think we can attack that hill. Give me a show of hands if you think we could…..ok now those he think we cannot show me your hands….Sorry, Skipper, I took a quick pill and the men think we can’t attack that hill.”

Sestix

Really? Do you really need a poll to make decisions? Especially this minor?

“Hey everybody the CO wants to know if I think we can attack that hill. Give me a show of hands if you think we could…..ok now those he think we cannot show me your hands….Sorry, Skipper, I took a quick pill and the men think we can’t attack that hill.”
What's your problem? Makes it easier for people to show opinion without writing a post. If anything it's convenient

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
It’s not that hard to figure out. This is just another variation of the same question answered countless times on this site.

Ask your officer recruiter what it takes to get accepted.

Look at any of the wanna-be threads on the site and you’ll see tons of people who got accepted with their scores in their signature or in the threads.

It’s called taking initiative and doing research. You know, things expected of officers.

And as an officer, you’ll be expected to make decisions with taking polls to get opinions. This isn’t a hard decision.