• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Three rockets were fired at two U.S. Navy ships in Jordan's Aqaba port on Friday

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Yea you can say that again. I am sure that scared the living S@*$ out of the OOD!!

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
MY ship? They fired at MY ship?! Son of a b!tch! I usually "I'm glad no one was hurt" just because it's a generally the right thing to say. This time, though, I actually know people on the Kearsarge and did my first tour there; my roommate on my second ship went there.

Well, I guess this means the limited liberty ports are to dwindle down to next to nothing for the foreseeable future.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
What is interesting to me is the fact that there are "A"-team terrorists out there who can hit a moving helicopter with an RPG but these guys can't hit two large ships at anchor. Obviously, these guys weren't paying attention in Terrorism 101.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Well thank God they can't. You have a good point there, though. I mean the saying "...couldn't hit the broad side of a barn" comes to mind. Of course it will have to be changed to "...couldn't hit the broad side of an LHD" now.

At any rate, I think we found our newest country to invade.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
It's hard to say what they used as "Katyusha" is media-speak generic for a whole series of unguided rockets. Thery're very big with the Iranians and their Hezbollah clients. The best thing about these so-called Katyusha rockets is that they are reported as being notoriously inaccurate. Unless they hit you ..... :)

kat.jpg
50112.jpg

IRfly

None
Good "friends" we've got there in the ME. I'm going to have to rip off A4s:

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Let's not forget that a Jordanian soldier was killed. I'm sure their government is happy for these attacks... not.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Talk about a nightmare scenario for the CDO - can you imagine? That's s seriouls scenario for people taking CDO and OOD underway boards in the future .."what would you do if you were in port and you had enemy rockets start falling around you...."

T-man

Schnuggapup said:
In the thick of it...

Cheers,
G

Thought you were, but wasn't sure. You'll have to tell us your version when you get a chance - OPSEC friendly of course ;)

phrogpilot73

Does that mean everyone now gets a combat fitrep? All the Marines with us in Iraq got them, with the bullet "Subjected to numerous indirect fire attacks." No mention of flying into downtown Baghdad during the day...