• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Time Names Stalin - Whoops I mean Putin, Man of the Year...

Rasczak

Marine
This past semester, Gorbachev gave a speech at my school. When they started asking him questions, he really didn't, answer them at all. In fact, one of the questions was an accusation of sorts and Gorbachev just played it off and said "yeah, he's an alright guy" and then didn't really answer any other questions about Putin.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I honestly think that there is some sort of need for Russian people to have an overly authoritarian government. Like it has been institutionalized or something.

Putin is a little sneakier, but the "White Russians" have Lukashenko (since 1994) as their "elected" President. That guy is so insane he built a wall around McDonalds to stop people from going to it, and he built a 747 w/ a gym and stuff in it that he can only fly to Moscow and Minsk because he is persona non grata everywhere else, oh yeah, and he won't let models emmigrate the country.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
This past semester, Gorbachev gave a speech at my school. When they started asking him questions, he really didn't, answer them at all. In fact, one of the questions was an accusation of sorts and Gorbachev just played it off and said "yeah, he's an alright guy" and then didn't really answer any other questions about Putin.

yeah, Russia has this funny history about people getting dead when they talk shit about each other

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, look at what the Russian people have been through. While the Soviet government was a terrible one that terrorized the people, it was also POWERFUL. Russia is not the Soviet Union, and to go from a genuine world power to a shadow of themselves, as well as being exposed to the truths of what was going on in the Soviet government... they're broken people, they have to be. Of course some of the hard liners want power back, if America had its back broken, don't you think we'd be the same way?