• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Time removed from prior drug use?

masshole1997

Hey all,

I'm new to this and have searched around, but am struggling to find a situations that closely match mine. Trying to get a sense of my prior experimental drug use would DQ me from aviation. I don't want to not disclose this, and risk is causing issues for security clearences down the line.

I used marijuana at most once a month in college, and a handful of times since. Haven't used it in 6 months. I also tried LSD and psilocybin twice in college, as well as cocaine once.

I graduated in 2019, so I'm now 5-6 years removed from any of the non marijuana stuff. I expect this to be my only red flag. Does this time gap play any factor? I'd appreciate any insight, thank you in advance.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey all,

I'm new to this and have searched around, but am struggling to find a situations that closely match mine. Trying to get a sense of my prior experimental drug use would DQ me from aviation. I don't want to not disclose this, and risk is causing issues for security clearences down the line.

I used marijuana at most once a month in college, and a handful of times since. Haven't used it in 6 months. I also tried LSD and psilocybin twice in college, as well as cocaine once.

I graduated in 2019, so I'm now 5-6 years removed from any of the non marijuana stuff. I expect this to be my only red flag. Does this time gap play any factor? I'd appreciate any insight, thank you in advance.

You need to disclose drug use, no exceptions. If you are even considering lying in order to try to join, who knows what else you are capable of lying and cheating once you’re in.

People have died by simply lying.

Last edited:

masshole1997

You need to disclose drug use, no exceptions. If you are even considering lying in order to try to join, who knows what else you are capable of lying and cheating once you’re in.
Lying is off the table, I'm not considering that. I'm only trying to see if this is a viable path for me, or if another role in the navy should be my priority.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. To say anything more would be speculative.

Good luck!

Do report back what happens though- it might be useful information, this question comes up from time to time.