• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tomcat Sketch

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I was kinda bored yesterday and thought I'd be creative.

Clearly the background is a bit too plain, no pun intended, any idea what I should put in, if anything?

2112763d.jpg

KBayDog

Ryan_Cunningham said:
Clearly the background is a bit too plain, no pun intended, any idea what I should put in, if anything?

Very nice! I sometimes wish I had artistic ability. I'm the guy that can completely jack up a stick figure.

Anyway, I suggest putting Davis-Monthan AFB in the background ;)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Mine end up looking like helos, but they're still going 600 knots in the break.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Ryan_Cunningham said:
I was kinda bored yesterday and thought I'd be creative.

That's OUTSTANDING --- impressive --- professional quality, judging from other examples I've seen of similar subject matter. Wish I could do it ....

The background is also excellent --- not too "plain" --- hard to judge from the picture, but it reminds me of climbing out on a multi-layered overcast day --- the only thing wrong is the aircraft. Next time try an A-4 .... or a 747 :)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What were you looking at to do that, a picture or a model? Is it a tracing?

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Schnugg said:
What were you looking at to do that, a picture or a model? Is it a tracing?

A picture I printed out. I did however measure certain parts of the aircraft so that I could keep it in proportion, otherwise the overall shape might have been slightly skewed, and I didn't want that.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
I did this about a year ago on some downtime...kind of looks like a cake dont it?

homepictures054.jpg

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Awesome picture.

You too rare, very impressive. That'd be a killer cake. I'm serious, nice work.