• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Too many tickets?

edt957

Pro-rec SNA
Hey everyone,
I've just finished my application and security clearance. Now I'm waiting to see if I get my waivers granted, one for smoking pot once when I was in high school, and another for traffic tickets (this is the one that bothers me)
I've had four tickets total, three speeding and one speed not prudent. I believe all of them were $150 and under except for one that was in a "construction zone" (apparently according to ny state three manhole covers and no work being done there for two months is still a work zone, go figure). All were reduced but obviously they still show up. I listed all on my application to be upfront, but I'm worried I wont receive a waiver for these. Any thoughts?

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Why are you worried? I think I had more tickets than that but only one speeding. I didn't need a waiver for my tickets but who knows. Maybe I did and didn't realize it! ;)

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Is there anything you can really do about it at this point? It's not like your test scores are a little low or something that you could improve upon or correct.

If the Navy thinks you have too many tickets, then you won't get a waiver.

Since it's something you can no longer control, worrying won't help the situation.

Either way, good luck.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
13 speeding tickets when I applied...I guess I wrote a good letter of explanation.

Of course that was in 1997. :)

edt957

Pro-rec SNA
Yea, there's really not much to be done at this point. Just was wondering if anyone with a similar situation received a waiver so I know if I'm totally screwed or not. Thanks for your input

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
While in API, I got the letter that my FL license was going to be suspended if I got one more moving violation...and that was in a 2001 Toyota Corolla, not exactly a time machine.

As for the worrying, hell man, it's in the past now...nothing you can do but wait, and stay busy. To quote Van Wilder: "Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere."

Or just smoke a J and enjoy the day. Kidding. Hello everyone, btw. :)

~d

edt957

Pro-rec SNA
That's pretty much where I am. Ive stopped getting worked up about it, and decided just to accept whatever comes. My recruiter seemed pretty confident I could get a waiver, so now I just have to wait.
So if I do get accepted, what are the chances I'll get jets?................Jk, I know better.

jtmedli

pilot
That's pretty much where I am. Ive stopped getting worked up about it, and decided just to accept whatever comes. My recruiter seemed pretty confident I could get a waiver, so now I just have to wait.
So if I do get accepted, what are the chances I'll get jets?................Jk, I know better.

I had 3x as many as you've got. I got waivers and just finished up week 8 of OCS. You're recruiter knows what he's talking about and you'll be just fine.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I had 3x as many as you've got. I got waivers and just finished up week 8 of OCS. You're recruiter knows what he's talking about and you'll be just fine.

Or "your" recruiter...see...you don't even have to know english good to hang it out in a 9G SH break.