• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Too much for ABC, NBC, CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre170

None
Pictures I received via email today.

I wish the media would show some positive pictures.

Attachments

• image0011.jpg
    image0011.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 199
  • image0022.jpg
    image0022.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 221
  • image0033.jpg
    image0033.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 197
  • image0044.jpg
    image0044.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 182
  • image0055.jpg
    image0055.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 208
Reactions: bch

helmet91

contemplating applying again...
now why would they do that? happiness on the news doesn't buy ratings...

it really pisses me off that the major networks would rather see more of our troops come home in bodybags just to make the administration look bad.

could you imagine if today's media was transported back to WWII? i can only imagine the headlines after island hopping, the normandy landing, the schweinfuehrt raids, etc. we'd all be speaking german and/or japanese...

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Anyone wonder if the Iraqi people holding those signs actually know what they say? My guess is.... not bloody likely.

mamacat

Hello, Sabre 170!
Thank you for showing the photos. I got the impression from ABC that the Iraqi people all hate us. Thanks for presenting the other side.

Mamacat.

P.S.:
You are just kidding about kicking the dead cats, right?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
VetteMuscle427 said:
Anyone wonder if the Iraqi people holding those signs actually know what they say? My guess is.... not bloody likely.

I'm willing to bet a good amount of Iraqis speak or have picked up English.

I'm waiting for Cate to come into this thread.

Cate, where are you?

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Why is it that my name always comes up on these things? "Cate, Cate, please come and become a target for our misdirected uber-conservative vitriol..."

Just toolin', of course - honestly, I kid because I love.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cate said:
Why is it that my name always comes up on these things? "Cate, Cate, please come and become a target for our misdirected uber-conservative vitriol..."

Just toolin', of course - honestly, I kid because I love.

We love you Cate, you know that.

MEN! ATTACK!

Kycntryboy

pilot
To be honest how often dows the news networks show anything positive about our own country? Positive things just don't get the ratings. They feel they need to scare you in order for you to sit through the 5 minutes of crap commercials. Sucks if you ask me.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Sigh. Okay, fine.

Yes, the media are whores, yadda yadda. Commercial interest, headlines, blah dee blah. Saddam's statue, little Iraqi children getting Beanie Babies, "Marlboro Man" Marine, UGA flag above the presidential palace, Saddam getting yanked out of a spider hole, elections in Afghanistan, and so on and so forth. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would not be suprised if some of those with the signs were digitally altered, did you notice the one with the woman holding the kid is holding a sign that says nothing. I remember this issue came up before with a Marine who took a picture with a kid holding a sign, here is a link:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/boudreaux.asp

Additionally, to play devils advocate again, any of you who have been to third world country can attest to the fact that you hand out stuff like food and supplies of course you would be greeted with smiles. I don't know how many smiling faces like that I saw when someone was trying to be my very best friend. This was especailly the case when they were trying to get my money.

A few pictures don't change the whole story. In some places, the situation is getting worse:

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/ledgerenquirer/news/world/10313843.htm

Granted, it is one of the most prominent highways/targets, but it ain't all peaches and cream. As for the complaints of the 'liberal media', at least some of them like the New York Times and the Wash Post actually leave the Green Zone to do reports.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
The media has failed 100% to report on any of the huge Anti-Terror rallies that have occured in downtown Baghdad.

They have also failed, for the most part, to report on ANY of the positives coming out of Iraq.

There are quite a few blogs out there written by Iraqi's that tell a slightly more positive story than can be heard on the major news networks. Of course things aren't all peaches and cream...they just aren't 100% bad like the news would have us believe.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Oh yeah: That "blank sign," I don't think is supposed to be a sign. It looks like some sort of school supply (maybe paperboard or something?). It would be hard to digitally alter that photograph because of the sun streaks that go across the "sign."

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I count on the liberal media for two things: weather reports, and sports scores, one of which they can't even get right half the time.

The media is good at reporting SOME events (the ones with inarguable facts) to the world. I.E. 7 car bombs went off in Spain today. However, I think we can all conclude that the broad opinions they feed us in the form of "news" is bologne.

Certain views, like Americas level of success in liberating Iraq or stopping terrorism just have to be formulated without the media. I find the best way to find out how we are doing over there is by asking friends in the military that return. They always give you the no bullsh*t answer.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Okay, I'll bite. Sincere question here, no snark intended - what really good things have happened in Iraq in the past two weeks that the networks haven't covered?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HueyCobra8151 said:
The media has failed 100% to report on any of the huge Anti-Terror rallies that have occured in downtown Baghdad.

They have also failed, for the most part, to report on ANY of the positives coming out of Iraq.

There are quite a few blogs out there written by Iraqi's that tell a slightly more positive story than can be heard on the major news networks. Of course things aren't all peaches and cream...they just aren't 100% bad like the news would have us believe.

Got any links?

Status
Not open for further replies.