• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Too much fun in to cockpit for USAF T-Birds

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess it's kinda hard to do a FOD check while performing.

Brett

tk628

Electronic Attack Savant
pilot
haha... was that the female t-bird.. it looked like her purse was all over the place

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Note to self . . . secure PCL before going inverted . . .

jmac12

Its not going inverted, its the unloading of G that makes things float. Happens all the time. helmet bags, goggles cases, ect. If its not attached to the jet, it will float.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Its not going inverted, its the unloading of G that makes things float. Happens all the time. helmet bags, goggles cases, ect. If its not attached to the jet, it will float.

That's how we used to help the line crew clean the cockpit. A little negative G to zero G, and you find (and capture for disposal) all kinds of interesting items.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Cool vid, but you may wanna think twice before going to watch one of the shows put on by the Thunderbirds.:D I can easily see a disaster waiting to happen... Watch what goes on in the cockpit..

Please elaborate...are you just referring to the FOD?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, and only negative G will make them fall on the canopy like that. Besides, I was being facetious.

Shakey

I'm talkin, G-5...!
pilot
WTF?! Aren't you supposed to secure any loose gear in the cockpit before you fly?

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
At least that last guy with the loose lap belt didn't grab the ejection handle to hold himself in the seat.

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
That's a reflex action reserved for SWOs.

tomcatconvertiblehp1.jpg

Which is why the powers that be don't let passengers have command eject.