• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tourist kills mugger with bare hands

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
In his 70's and still kicken some ass. This must be some strong old man. Semper Fi

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Headlocks don't normally kill people. Perhaps is was a guillotine choke of some sort. If was a self defense expert, he would probably know various holds from the likes of Brazilian jujitsu or something similar.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I have found that muggers, terrorists, and their ilk have weak necks and they are prone to breaking easily.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
It could have been some sort of rear naked choke that didnt work out too well. If you pull your wrist bone in around the throat and squeeze really hard you can crack it. Sort of like a face crank on the throat. We had a bouncer at a club in cleveland get in trouble a few years ago. He tried to choke the guy out and the "bad guy" kept twisting and turning and got his neck snapped somehow.

Either way, props to the old man for saving the day and make the remaining punks think twice about doing it again.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
"All of the guests involved, who had booked the cruise together as a group, have opted to continue with their vacation plans."

Let the vacation continue!!!! I love it!

plc67

pilot
According to an article on Popasmoke the 70 year old retired Marine broke the muggers clavicle and then choked him to death. Chesty would be proud.
Hopefully this gentleman will be available and present at The Wall on March 17.

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
Headlocks don't normally kill people. Perhaps is was a guillotine choke of some sort. If was a self defense expert, he would probably know various holds from the likes of Brazilian jujitsu or something similar.

Remember that the one who called it a headlock was the lady, not the marine. Also, as far as the press is concerned, just about anyone in the military is a "self-defense expert". It may have just been a move gone wrong. It doesn't sound like he was setting out to kill him. Either way, that guy is now my hero. We should find out his name and rewrite all the Chuck Norris jokes.

The other lesson learned: Your buddies will NOT back you up when you're doing something stupid. I want to know what happened to the two knife-wielding friends.