• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Tower Air

Screamtruth

นักมวย
I know you all remember the fun ole days............Tower Air, dig it.

Stuffin' your M16/203 under the seat............oh the fun, especially after sitting on the tarmac in Panama for five hours, imagine how that cabin smelled after full of smelly jarheads.

What ever happened to them. I know that they had money issues........
I thought they were THE charter airline for our military, so I figured that should have given them a steady income.

Jet2.jpg

Oh-58Ddriver

Scouts Out!
None
Contributor
On my charter flights in the past two years (twice to California and back from Hawaii, twice back and forth to Iraq), I have flown on either World Airways or Omni Air. Havent seen Tower Air in about 8 years.

My favorite aspect of chartered aircraft are 1) setting your M9 and magazines aside and walking through a metal detector and 2) hearing "please ensure your seatbacks are up, tray tables are stowed and weapon muzzles are pointed away from the aisle."

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale

Went belly-up in 2000/2001. Most of their jets are in the desert, for reasons soon to be clear....

I thought they were THE charter airline for our military, so I figured that should have given them a steady income.

They were, and it did. Until a new OPS director came into town, fresh from the movie biz (no joke), and started skimping on MX, ala SWA. Only they didn't have deep enough pockets to absorb the FAA fines or the loss of DoD contracts D2 the faulty/nonexistent MX. The F/As also weren't happy D2 being put in lousy accomodations when on the road: pay-by-the-hour motels, bedbugs, etc.

Good riddance, I say! I'm happier with World. Although some better looking F/As would be nice.

East

东部
Contributor
Tower

We had an ex-Tower Air B747 on Amsterdam/Schiphol on the chain (fee issues). Apparently the Engines did belong to a lease company which turned the Tower Air B747 in to a HUGE glider (no engines).
Whatever happened with the airframe, I don't know but I am sure as hell it never flew again.