• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TRader Jons

Owen

Gentlemen,
I know many here, probably the majority, remember
Trader Jons. Let's start a thread of favorite Trader Jons
stories.

Regards,
Owen

MAKE VAPES

Uncle Pettibone
pilot
Trader gave my girlfriend (spring break '94) a free beer and t-shirt... liked her HUGE BOOBS.

The three of us had that in common.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
I was sitting at the bar drinking a beer with a couple of buddies and Trader is behind the bar making himself a sandwich.
He looks up at me and asks if I want one. Being around dinner time, I say sure.
He makes the sandwich and hands it to me. I'm through the first half when he says; 'that'll be $5 for the sandwich'.

I realize he was in business to make money, but he was a cheap bastard.

phrogpilot73

I never had the chance to visit Trader Jon's when he was still around (I was there for the post-closing, re-opening by an NFO instructor). When I left - it was pretty awesome though. I remember one night a friend (who left the Naval Academy because he was gay) was in town - and we stayed at Trader's until well after they closed. The trashy blonde that generally worked the back porch stopped by to see if we needed anything. Somehow the topic of our friend being gay came up, and she decided to try and convert him. Start the flashing show, both above and below the waist. Almost immediately, the rest of us started telling her we were gay and that we needed to be converted. She didn't buy it.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Several of us threw our T-34 solo "tie cutting" party there .... made out with a female T-34 IP out back that night.

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
Freaking sad. The best I can do is a lame movie or a sign on the street.