• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transatlantic HH-3 flight

VMO4

This popped up on some random aviation facebook page I follow, yesterday, 5/31 was the anniversary of a flight in 1967 that became the world's first transatlantic non-stop helicopter flight. Two U.S. Air Force Sikorsky HH-3E Jolly Green Giant helicopters departed Floyd Bennett Field on May 31st on their way to the 27th Paris Air Show. 30 hours 46 minutes 10.8 seconds to Paris. Refueled nine times. I rode for three days in the back of an UH-1N from NAS Atlanta to Stumps and was ready to walk home after the experience. Where do we get such men?

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
This popped up on some random aviation facebook page I follow, yesterday, 5/31 was the anniversary of a flight in 1967 that became the world's first transatlantic non-stop helicopter flight. Two U.S. Air Force Sikorsky HH-3E Jolly Green Giant helicopters departed Floyd Bennett Field on May 31st on their way to the 27th Paris Air Show. 30 hours 46 minutes 10.8 seconds to Paris. Refueled nine times. I rode for three days in the back of an UH-1N from NAS Atlanta to Stumps and was ready to walk home after the experience. Where do we get such men?
1654112136791.gif

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Aircraft had mods to enable infight servicing of eng oil, xmsn oil and hydraulics...quite an accomplishment for its day - the HH-3E was the helo the Marines should have acquired vs the '46. Aircraft had a long and distinguished career in USCG and AF service - a true all wx helo.