• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Transcript

Bernie Kosar

There have been posts about this before, but I want some new feedback for my specific situation. I think my GPA is rather solid, but I have 3 Ws on my undergraduate transcript and an IA (it means I took an incomplete, but I got an A in the class) and a W on my graduate transcript. My undergrad GPA is a 3.75 and my graduate GPA is a 3.89. My W’s are a result of scheduling conflicts and not poor class performance (the I occurred because of a surgery). Should I explain this on my application or is it not even worth mentioning (I don’t want to draw attention to something that may not be an issue).

nicknight

W's should have no weight on anything that is in need of a college transcript I'm assuming W means withdrawl and if you withdraw from a class before the withdrawl date, for whatever reason, it means you were either smart enough to prevent failure or you took the precautions for inability to complete the class... I'm not sure about the incomplete they may ask about it but I can't see anyone freaking out about that

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
You'll be fine... I had 3 or 4 Ws and got accepted to both the Navy and Marine Corps. With your gpa, you've got nothing to worry about in the academics department. No need to explain on the app.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You'll be fine... I had 3 or 4 Ws and got accepted to both the Navy and Marine Corps. With your gpa, you've got nothing to worry about in the academics department. No need to explain on the app.

Not a problem. Good luck.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
There's no shame in dropping a class in college. It means you were smart enough to can it before the late-drop deadline, instead of one guy I knew who missed more than 10 freshman english classes (automatic 'F') and was past the deadline. :)