• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Trying to locate a book. Navigation for Naval Aviators

lokismom

I'm looking for an out of print book called, Navigation for Naval Aviators. I haven't had much luck. A picture or ISBN number would be wonderful or if you have a copy for sale. We sponsor midshipmen at the Naval Academy and one of our mids would like to have a copy.

Thank you!
Kayla

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Does he want a copy because he collects aviation books? Or because he thinks he'll need to study up on it for flight school?

If the former, more power to him...most of us are airplane nerds to one degree or another. If the latter, he's really wasting his time. What he needs to know about navigating, he'll be exhaustively taught when the time comes.

lokismom

It was brought up by and instructor along the line. He has amassed a collection of old book throughout his academy time. He got word they found a heart murmur so he will be going to grad school courtesy of the navy. Not his first choice but a great opportunity.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It was brought up by and instructor along the line. He has amassed a collection of old book throughout his academy time. He got word they found a heart murmur so he will be going to grad school courtesy of the navy. Not his first choice but a great opportunity.

I'm getting nothing with a Google search even varying search words. If he's still a mid, then perhaps he can ask the instructor for a definitive title. Things like this do show up on eBay and other places along with NATOPS manuals so very odd this one doesn't unless the title isn't exactly correct.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've searched various online book databases and it's not coming up. As someone already mentioned, he is probably thinking of Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators.