• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Turn On The History Channel

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
There's NOTHING "great" about sinking a USN aircraft carrier. No matter what the circumstances.

I don't know where you boys and girls are coming from these days ... I take back what I said. Captain Ron CAN be all bad ...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Maybe I jumped the gun ... the only "Navy" thing going on right now in my part of the cable world is on DISC Channel ... sinking the USS Oriskany.

If that's not it ... my appology ... ain't the internet great???

And if I'm wrong ...... then I still like Captain Ron.

P.S. ... nevermore ... (inside joke)

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Haha It's OK A4s. I was very confused for a minute there.

Yeah I'm watching the History Channel. Different channels.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ACTUALLY ... I think it was yours truly who was screwed up.

But thanks for your willingness to take a bullet in the chest and your kindness towards an old man ....

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Whats it about(or was about)?? Im stuck at school!:icon_rage

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
http://myfwc.com/marine/ar/OriskanyPixtopside.htm

My last ship, USS Samuel Gompers, was sunk by the USS Cole!

http://www.usssamuelgompers.org/Sink_Ex/Sink_Ex.htm

How is that for a swift kick in the nuts? :eek:
You were on the Syphy G......the Sammy Gonorrhea? :eek:

When my squadron deployed to Diego Garcia in 1987 (or there abouts), the Syphy G would pull in and out of port there every 2 or 3 weeks. She was one of the first ships to have a large female contingent. After her 2nd or 3rd port call our flight quack notice he was treating 2 and 3 times the usual number of VD cases after every one of that ship's visits. He sent a message to the Syphy G (P4 for the CO) telling him of his findings and suggesting the ship's medical department do something about it. Boy did the crap hit the fan (her CO took it as a personal insult)....all the way to CINCPACFLT. The Syphy G's CO did nothing and the guys in my squadron (and those assigned to Diego) kept getting the clap.......Our Doc just upped his supply of penicillian.........:D :D

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
A4's....you think sinking it is sadder than watching it turned into razor blades?

Just to take "the internet factor" out...this is really a question.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4's....you think sinking it is sadder than watching it turned into razor blades?......
I'd rather they all just kept on goin' .... or became static displays ... or museums .... or went into my bathtub.

There's no good answer ... I just can't EVER say die .... ever.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I'd rather they all just kept on goin' .... or became static displays ... or museums .... or went into my bathtub.

There's no good answer ... I just can't EVER say die .... ever.

Thats one hell of a bathtub. Your retirement from the airline must be amazing if your house is that big.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
It was aweful what they did to the Coral Sea. Back in the late '80s my sister was dating a sailor who was assigned to the Coral Sea. I was a Naval Aviation crazy, 14 yr old kid then and he paid for me to fly to Norfolk to go on a tiger cruise. That was the best trip I have ever been on in my entire life. I loved every minute of it.

Here's a couple pictures:
tigercruise-1.jpg
coralsea.jpg

I sewed the patches on that jacket by hand. That's how fanatical I was. :)

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
It was aweful what they did to the Coral Sea. Back in the late '80s my sister was dating a sailor who was assigned to the Coral Sea. I was a Naval Aviation crazy, 14 yr old kid then and he paid for me to fly to Norfolk to go on a tiger cruise. That was the best trip I have ever been on in my entire life. I loved every minute of it.

Here's a couple pictures:
tigercruise-1.jpg
coralsea.jpg

I sewed the patches on that jacket by hand. That's how fanatical I was. :)

My older sister dated a lot of instructors in Pensacola. It was an awesome setup for me ( I was only like 14). Among other things I got: a Leather Flying Jacket, Lunch with the Blue Angels, sit in a Blue Angel jet, sit and play around in a T-34 and TH-57. All that came crashing to a halt when she married a submarine cryptologist. It was still a good time though!

Also, if any of you were the ones that gave me the leather jacket, thanks! :D

-HD