• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Twenty years after Tailhook, a changed Navy

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
not sure what the author's experiences were, but fart jokes are ALWAYS funny - in every ready room i've been a part of, with women. in fact my most recent experiences have been that the women are the most crass members of the ready room.

fart jokes. always funny. period.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ya, fart jokes are still told, and if you met me you would see that I really don't care about that. I was just surprised by how few female aviators there are. I've never really looked at statistics on the numbers we make up, but only 800 some surprised me. Doing the math, my squadron holds 1% of those. Yeah, there are times I roll my eyes at the guys in my squadron, but I don't feel like it's really that big of a deal in the long run. Yeah, there are times the guys go off and do their going to the strip club thing, but then we go off and get pedicures. I'm OK with that. At the end of the day, we all are capable of doing the mission and work well together as a whole.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
I care more about the people who tell a joke that could be considered off-color and then try to apologize to me (in front of everyone, thus singling me out further) than I do about the joke in the first place.

blackbart22

pilot
At the height of the Tailhook investigations, I heard an info-babe say " I hope this puts an end to the cult of the young warrior." on the radio. Sadly I think that she got her wish.