• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

U.S. Embassy in Belgrade attacked

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Stratfor is reporting no injuries, and that the Embassy was expecting an incident so windows were boarded up after the Feb 17th announcement that Kosovo was declaring independence.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Man...some guys get all the luck.

I tried like hell to go to one of the "hot spot" embassies when I was an MSG. Instead, the worst mob we ever dealt with had more reporters than protesters...

Oh well, I wound up in a country where the women were plentiful and the beer was cheaper than water - can't complain I suppose.

Rioters -- many wearing balaclavas and scarves to hide their faces -- had attacked the U.S. embassy with sticks and metal bars after destroying two guard boxes outside.

They ripped metal grilles from windows and tore a handrail off the entrance to use as a battering ram and gain entry.

So in other words, they made about zero progress in actually entering the embassy...