• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

U.S. pilot was ordered to shoot down UFO

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
And there goes the journalistic integrity of one more source. RIP, Reuter's credibility.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Well you better hurry up and read this too. Protect yourself!

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

I keep buying them, but those damned UFO drivers keep stealing them. I think it is a conspiracy.

All kidding aside, I downloaded those documents from the UK Archives. Some of the sightings have explainations, but too many credable witnesses have seen too many things that can't be identified. While I don't think that they are seeing aliens from another planet, they are seeing something.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do we have guided rockets?

And there goes the journalistic integrity of one more source. RIP, Reuter's credibility.

The F-102 had 24 FFAR in the weapons bay doors, but no not guided.

The F-86D, the fighter in the story, was armed with 24 2.75-inch unguided rockets (FFAR's already referenced by busdriver) in a retractable bay/tray.

f-86d-04.jpg

F-86D USAF page

F-86D history and specs

What were you saying about credibility?

Pugs

Back from the range
None
The F-102 had 24 FFAR in the weapons bay doors, but no not guided.

That's the point he was subtly making. Rockets are unguided, missiles are guided.

The F-89, F-86D and 102 all had arrays of rockets to shoot into the horde of invading Bisons, Bears and Backfires (Oh my)

busdriver

None
That's the point he was subtly making. Rockets are unguided, missiles are guided.

The F-89, F-86D and 102 all had arrays of rockets to shoot into the horde of invading Bisons, Bears and Backfires (Oh my)

They all had radars though, I assume the fire control computer aided in aiming the things. So "locking on" wouldn't necessarily imply guidance.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
They all had radars though, I assume the fire control computer aided in aiming the things. So "locking on" wouldn't necessarily imply guidance.

Well, I'll let a RIO argue that point but to me "locking on" means the sync of the targeting system and weapon system.