• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UH-34D Restoration

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I got a short ride in the back of a H-34 at Whiting. Quite a cool bird. One sliding door, and the pilots are about 10' above everyone else.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
phrogdriver said:
I got a short ride in the back of a H-34 at Whiting. Quite a cool bird. One sliding door, and the pilots are about 10' above everyone else.

There are a number of recip H-34's (S-58) that traverse the midwest doing construction work - mostly lifting A/C units to the roofs of new buildings...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
ChuckMK23 said:
There are a number of recip H-34's (S-58) that traverse the midwest doing construction work - mostly lifting A/C units to the roofs of new buildings...
Same over here in the "Territory" .... they are made to order for the high-rise Waikiki hotels and cranky air-conditioning plants ......

I got a couple of rides in an H-34 a long time ago ... including one Middie-pretend-Grunt John Wayne "vertical assault" on a mock-up Vietnamese village @ Camp Pendleton @ the middle/late '60's .... quite an experience. Very noisy, very hot, and if it had been the real-deal ... we all would have been killed. No joke .......:eek: