• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uh oh...

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
That's OK...Ali Zardari told her that he thought she was a hottie today. WAWAWEEWAH!

4dbd1f3e-fd76-4e15-a57b-97f652707f5f.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

The situation on the border is incredibly complex, and very messy. To say that Pakistan is doing nothing against militants is to ignore the fighting that their Army has been doing on their side of the border. At the same time, they are often very unhelpful with trying to root out terrorists, they helped create the Taliban for goodness sakes.

That little corner of the world has not been 'governed' by anyone but the the tribes that reside there for hundreds of years. The Brits never had full control when they ruled India, it was called the Northwest Frontier Provinces for a reason, and Pakistan doesn't have full control of them now.

I don't have the highest opinion of the Pakis right now, but we have to realize that if we push too hard the whole house of cards on that side of the border will come crashing down. Then, it will get really ugly.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I think this is showing it just got really ugly. Firing on US troops, who, if they were across the border, are invading a country? I'm not sure of the legalese, but I'm assuming even chasing terrorists over the border is off limits under international law. I wouldn't be surprised to see this get worse before it gets better. When the Pakistanis put out the 'no foreign troops' bit a week ago or so, I thought yea, lets see how long that lasts before this blows up in someone's (read, our) face.

It was working out better when they played see no evil, hear no evil on that issue. I guess with Pervez Musharaff out of power, we have to play a game of catch up on the movers and shakers in Pakistan politics.