• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UNC ROTC building vandalized

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Since when are ROTC "members" allowed to talk at all?

When I was an ROTC "member" within that same consortium, I was told clearly and specifically not to say anything to the media unless given the explicit permission of the CO.

"ROTC is not all about training warriors". Are you f#cking serious? Shut your mouth, Tar Heel, and wear your ... uhm... less-than-manly... shade of blue.

XeroCool

That is Truely Sad....I graduated from UNC in May of 05....The school was way too liberal for me....as a republican I was ein auslander....
~X

XeroCool

You know, in fact as I was there they always had protestors with signs-o-plenty that would say stupid **** about the war.....I always Hook and flick em off.....
~X..again

wannabeapilot05

Yeah, that's what I like to see from UNC alum.....Go wolfpack!!!
Anyway, on to the subject at hand, I heard about the vandalism on campus the other day and I was pretty pissed off myself. Although I'm not in ROTC currently, I am applying for BDCP next year, so this really disappointed me. Luckily NC State is not nearly as liberal as Carolina (and never will be), so it definitely caused an uproar among the heavy conservative presence on campus. Hopefully next time the culprits won't be such little women about expressing thier views in public(not at State, becaused they would never be able to go outside again), but anywhere else where this would occur.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I know this is a big deal for you guys now ... :) ... but you would have REALLY "enjoyed" it in the '60's ... it still makes me angry.

According to the FBI, the peak of campus anti-war activity occurred in 1970 when nearly 3000 bombings and over 50,000 bomb threats were recorded nationwide. The vast majority of these criminal acts were performed by self-styled campus revolutionaries in the anti-war movement.

Here is a partial glimpse into how one of the original six NROTC units fared during the '60's Vietnam campus protest era:

Our NROTC unit suffered the usual broken windows and spray paint, but the temperature was taken up several notches when the Unit was fire-bombed one night. Had a couple of guys not been in the facility late working on a project --- they started fighting the fire and called the fire department --- the decades-old building would have burned to the ground.

Constant campus harassment on Tuesday and Thursday -- uniform days.

Discrimination in grading from left-wing radical faculty members. Believe it ....

On another occasion "we" were physically restrained at the front door of the Unit from visiting violence on a group of campus "protesters" by our Master Sergeant. These 'protesters' had just beaten our CO to the ground with a bicycle chain when he stood in the door to prevent their unauthorized entry into the facility. He was a true gentleman of the "old school" and an F6F pilot from WW2 with combat kills --- he spent two weeks in the hospital recovering from his injuries. It was that kind of "reality check" that brought a sense of "reality" to the campus administration; we finally began to receive police and university "protection" for the NROTC facility.[FONT=Trebuchet MS, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]T
[/FONT]
The personal harassments continued, of course.

No AW smiles for those "good 'ol days" ....