• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Uncharted Territory?

Xx_Lawdog_xX

I'm nearly complete with my package but have some concerns. I am active duty enlisted Air Force and am due to get out next April. I have a form signed from my Commander stating that I will be released prior to that date if I am selected. However, the process is taking longer than expected. Additionally, if I am not selected I would like to stay in the Air Force and try again later. That being said, I'm a little confused on how to proceed.

If I am to stay in the Air Force I would obviously need to reenlist. I still have a few months to make that decision, but I am still waiting for my package to go through. I don't want to risk putting all of my hope and faith into the Navy and get out only to find that I am not selected and now I have no job to support my family.

Has anyone had experience with something like this? Would it even be possible to reenlist for four more years with the possibility of being selected and sent off to OCS only a few months into it? I'm just a little confused on how exactly to proceed in this unique predicament.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Of course I can not know for sure what your command would do, but In my experience no one that is otherwise recommended for commission is ever denied a release for ocs regardless of the time left on contract. Since you currently have a conditional release that means they think you qualified and are happy to support your career decision to become an officer. That shouldn't change with reenlistment. We have current and more recent recruiters than me on board and several enlist to commission guys. I expect they will offer their experiences as well. Good luck!