• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

UnRetire?

USNRET

FLDO H46
So I retired @20yrs ActiveDuty, but since 911 have been seeking a way back...but my "Retired" status seems to be a brick wall. Does anybody know how a person could "Un-retire".
My son came back from drill & said there was a "Designator" there that said I should be able to get in Reserves, go AT & augment or activate.
Got my hopes up again.
Anybody heard of this being accomplished?

cyristvirus

STA-21 FY08 College Dude
I work at a TAR squadron and we have drillers there, I know we had one guy that was retired that came to work but he didn't get paid. I am not sure if thats something you could do or wanted to do but I think the option is there.

phrogpilot73

There was a LtCol at Lejeune that retired at 20, and was a school teacher until September 11th. Now he's a reservist on ADSW. I don't know if the Navy has them, but the Marine Corps has "Prior Service Recruiters" and they would be the ones able to answer this question...

HuggyU2

None
It's a waste of great resources that they don't do this more in critical career fields.
The USAF does have some "reserve retirees", including active pilots. A former student of mine retired, and came back on as a T-38 IP for about 5 days a month at Vance. For those 5 days, he gets full active duty pay. For the other 25 days per month, he gets his retiree pay.
We have an O-6 here at Beale that's a reserve retiree, too.