• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

US Navy fires on Polish Port

CAMike

None
Contributor
Are you kidding? This stuff happens all the time.

Brett

Brett327- Correct.

This stuff happens fairly often ...but usually at sea.

1MC: "Weps" to the Captains Cabin"

WTF DH! We freed Poland in WWII!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Oops. Good thing we got that whole "dub dub two" card with the poles. Oh wait...no we don't, they got hung out to dry.

Bevo16

pilot
The Vinson lost a 50 cal machine gun on deployment. That was cool.

I know an AW who accidentally dropped an M-240 into the Pacific.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Haha, How'd that ICS conversation go?

"Sir...you ain't gonna believe this, but the gun fell off"
"What the f*** do you mean it fell off?"
"it just...fell off! I swear"

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
My fav was an H-60H that took off with 4 Hellfires on the rail and the Emergency Jettison switch somehow 'just fired'. One hellfire M-299 rack and 4 missiles go 'plop' into the sea... Even better, it was the Skipper flying!!!

Lawman

None
My fav was an H-60H that took off with 4 Hellfires on the rail and the Emergency Jettison switch somehow 'just fired'. One hellfire M-299 rack and 4 missiles go 'plop' into the sea... Even better, it was the Skipper flying!!!

Fun Fact Learned from an LSI instructor who was there:
There was an Apache in Desert Storm that had an errant electrical discharge and when the PIC flipped the Master Batt switch to on if launched a Hellfire across the FOB. Didnt hit anything but he was blamed for it even though the weapon was safed.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fun Fact Learned from an LSI instructor who was there:
There was an Apache in Desert Storm that had an errant electrical discharge and when the PIC flipped the Master Batt switch to on if launched a Hellfire across the FOB. Didnt hit anything but he was blamed for it even though the weapon was safed.
Three words . . . "Stray Voltage Checks."

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

There goes a cool 1.2 million... didn't even get to see shit blow up! EFF!

Bevo16

pilot

Our skipper fired a bunch of flares on the deck of an amphib. The guys who were fueling the aircraft didn't think it was all that funny.