• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

US out of Iraq by June?

schwarti

Contributor
Note that they're talking about a withdrawal from Iraqi cities in 2009, not a complete withdrawal. That would be later - by the end of 2011. This is far from a done deal, but it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

Kazimake

Note that they're talking about a withdrawal from Iraqi cities in 2009, not a complete withdrawal. That would be later - by the end of 2011. This is far from a done deal, but it'll be interesting to see where it goes.

I saw that, thought about editing my post to make sure I noticed, but figured It wouldn't be needed. I am pretty curious to see what the final agreement will be and what(if any) effect this may have on the election.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw that, thought about editing my post to make sure I noticed, but figured It wouldn't be needed. I am pretty curious to see what the final agreement will be and what(if any) effect this may have on the election.

What effect would you envision this agrement having on the election?

Brett

Kazimake

What effect would you envision this agrement having on the election?

Brett

I could see it going different ways depending on how people look at it. Some might say, "Well, gee, getting out of Iraq was a huge reason I'd vote for Obama, but now that it might not be an issue...." I could also see some people saying "Wow, look at how out of touch McCain is if he's been so adamant on the war, and now we find out even the current administration wants out..."

This being my first election that I'll actually be taking part in, I am looking at things differently, and kinda re-learning everything. Like I said, I'm really curious to see what effect, if any, it will have (If it even goes through, or even if it doesn't). :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I could see it going different ways depending on how people look at it. Some might say, "Well, gee, getting out of Iraq was a huge reason I'd vote for Obama, but now that it might not be an issue...." I could also see some people saying "Wow, look at how out of touch McCain is if he's been so adamant on the war, and now we find out even the current administration wants out..."

This being my first election that I'll actually be taking part in, I am looking at things differently, and kinda re-learning everything. Like I said, I'm really curious to see what effect, if any, it will have (If it even goes through, or even if it doesn't). :)

My guess it will be a non-factor.

Brett

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
My guess it will be a non-factor.

Brett
Agree for the most part, as the economy seems to be polling high on voter's concerns, but it will be brought up by Sen Obama as how the administration is finally going along with a "timetable" like he has been suggesting all along; something the Whitehouse once avoided at all costs. Sen. McCain's camp will bring up that the withdrawal is based on conditions, unlike Obama's plan.
We will have to see how the messages are framed to see which will resonate more.