• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

uscockpits.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I never knew how glassy the -18 E/F is. Looks like a dream to fly!
You want glassy?

T44_Upgraded_Cockpit.JPG

...or how about this?

c130j_fd.jpg

More glass than you can handle punk! Come join the dark side :devil_125

Dingobat

Guess she don't like the Cornbread either...
You want glassy?
More glass than you can handle punk! Come join the dark side:devil_125
Very Nice! They even got swingdown HUDs!

But then I saw the F-35 cockpit...
ultimate_setup_1.jpg

Apparently you can play Quake while on Autopilot... :)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
You want glassy?

T44_Upgraded_Cockpit.JPG

...or how about this?

c130j_fd.jpg

More glass than you can handle punk! Come join the dark side :devil_125

The second one maybe. The first, come on, there are still steam gauges in the middle--that's cheating.

Hosestly though, some of those older cockpits I wouldn't want to navigate across the street in, much less open water, but that's what they did. As Ali-G says, "Respek."

Pags

N/A
pilot
The second one maybe. The first, come on, there are still steam gauges in the middle--that's cheating.

Hosestly though, some of those older cockpits I wouldn't want to navigate across the street in, much less open water, but that's what they did. As Ali-G says, "Respek."

Yeah, it's pretty interesting to see how people started to take a logical approach to cockpit design, grouping all the important stuff in a logical order (your instrument T if you will). Some of the older designs must have required quite an active scan (my glass cockpit spoils me).

As an aside, at ASO school, we had an assignment to go to the Naval Aviation Museum and critique one of the historical cockpits. Or we could critique our aircraft. It was a interesting exercise to see what you would change to pimp your ride if you could.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
Next time you bagg'n on AF guys... Check out this Navy E-6 cockpit.

E-6B%20Murcury%20TACAMO.jpg

Then compare that to what I flew....

RC-135S%20Cobra%20Ball.JPG

Sometimes life ain't fair... nearly the same jet, just look at the throttle quadrant to verify that. Just a newer "interface".

MasterBates

The upper cockpit confuses me.

I like caveman (steam) gauges better. I try using the HUD and I just confuse myself. r