• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USS Carl Vinson, CVN-70 Moving to San Diego

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Understand the QDR calls for 6 of the 11 carriers be homeported on the West Coast. From what I hear, the Navy has announced the movement of the Carl Vinson back to San Diego, subject to completion of an environmental impact statement. Anticipated execution date 2010.:eek:

What is the best estimated impact on base loading at NAS Lemoore? I ask this with a selfish motive; e.g., real estate impacts in the Garden of Eden, Kalifornia.

hscs

pilot
I am sure that the People Republic of Coronado Traffic Nazis will love that decision...

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Understand the QDR calls for 6 of the 11 carriers be homeported on the West Coast. From what I hear, the Navy has announced the movement of the Carl Vinson back to San Diego, subject to completion of an environmental impact statement. Anticipated execution date 2010.:eek:

What is the best estimated impact on base loading at NAS Lemoore? I ask this with a selfish motive; e.g., real estate impacts in the Garden of Eden, Kalifornia.

Cant' imagine it'll have any effect on Lemoore. The Hornets that are there are already there so I'd expect it has a zero effect on the airwing.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Carrier Battle Group going to San Dog??? Instead of Guam, Washington State, or the Territory ... ??!!?? :eek:

The Mokes are jumping off the Pali and the "other" corrupt bureaucrats in WA are jumping off Snoqualamie Falls as we speak .... :)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Vinson is undergoing Refuelling Complex Overhaul (RCOH) at Newport News to extend the life of her reactors. RCOH takes a carrier out of the hunt for many moons. The carrier air wing bed down posture remains constant as there are more carriers than air wings since there are always one to two of them off-line. Vinson will pick up an air wing after returning to San Diego and another carrier will give up her air wing in turn as it goes off-line.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Vinson is undergoing Refuelling Complex Overhaul (RCOH) at Newport News to extend the life of her reactors. RCOH takes a carrier out of the hunt for many moons. The carrier air wing bed down posture remains constant as there are more carriers than air wings since there are always one to two of them off-line. Vinson will pick up an air wing after returning to San Diego and another carrier will give up her air wing in turn as it goes off-line.

Man, I wish somebody could "extend the life of" my 'reactors'. ;)

And like the Vinson, I've been "out of the hunt for many moons," too. :D
(But of course I would quickly be torpedoed and sunk by USS Wife if I did jump back in the hunt. :eek: )

Looking at the bright side, though…… I no longer have to battle the Coronado Bay Bridge diurnal stagnation with multiple carriers in port…… and my name's not 'Skeeter'. :D

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Carrier Battle Group going to San Dog??? Instead of Guam, Washington State, or the Territory ... ??!!?? :eek:
The Mokes are jumping off the Pali and the "other" corrupt bureaucrats in WA are jumping off Snoqualamie Falls as we speak .... :)

Understand, SD may not be a done deal. Heard some nasty rumors which bear not repeating, at least here. Guess I read too much into the tea leaves, but with the looming train wreck that is Oceana. Brac seems to be out of the photograph. OLF to coastal NC?:icon_smil