• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USS Kitty Hawk-CV63 DeCom

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
The lastest issue of Tailhook reports that the USS George Washington-CVN73 will replace the USS Kitty Hawk, forward based in Yokosuka, Japan sometime in 2008.

I have been told that the USS Kitty Hawk will be decomissioned in 2007. While I realize that FY2008 starts in Oct 2007, ergo both quotes could be technically accurate, does anyone have any more information on the "Hawk" DeCom?

Thanks.:icon_smil

Pugs

Back from the range
None
My best friend and old squadronmate (and coming over for dinner tonight) is slated to be her last Skipper and you will not find a finer officer in this man's Navy.

For those aware of the short list he's the ex P-3/Nimrod/Prowler 1310.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Chief, it is quite the subject of coversation at times at my command here in Yoko. As you know, bringing the CVN here requires a whole new infrastructure to support. The new pier is finishing up, this summer I believe, but I could be greatly mistaken. One of those items is 1120 support/monitoring. Part of the budget is construction on our HQ building, adding another floor that will support the GW. Bottom line, I don't know the timeline, but there is a ton of items that need to be accomplished first. Luckily, I won't be around for the construction and hassles, as I am out of here this summer :D

I will go bug some of my 70 counterparts, god knows they hassle me enough...

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
webmaster said:
... they hassle me enough...

Thanks Web-san. I can only imagine. What a nightmare security will be. Good luck.

Kitty Hawk is last survivor of 14 bird farms which I served, from CVA-14 thru CVA-64. She was a good ship.

What I would not give to see USS George Washington round Kannon Saki for the first time! What a magnificent sight that will be.:eek: