• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

V-22 Osprey Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

taz954

Do any of you guys know the training pipeline for the V-22 Osprey? I'm assuming it would take longer since the pilot should be trained in both fixed-wing and rotary-wing flight.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
After primary you go to VT-35 in Corpus for multi-engine training (not quite the whole P-3 sylabus) and then to whiting for helos(not sure if it is the full sylabus) and then to your first squadron(which I dont think have actually been created just yet, but I might be wrong) the gouge I have heard is like 8-9 months to get your wings. My info is all second hand(talking to the first marine studs going through VT-35 as we speak.)

Cyclic

Behold the Big Iron
The FRS is VMMT-204 in MCAS New River, they've been there at least five years, they are in the same hangar with HMT-302, the H-53E FRS.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
HMT-302 is now in the old HMM-365 hangar. VMMT shares the old 302 hangar with VMX-22.

phrogpilot73

phrogdriver said:
HMT-302 is now in the old HMM-365 hangar. VMMT shares the old 302 hangar with VMX-22.

It sounds to me like you're stationed at the River... What squadron are you in? I'm with 264, currently in the desert. Due home soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.