• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Va. Beach man pleads guilty to diverting Navy jet parts..

rrpilot

Looks like this guy was trying to make a buck on F-14 parts, didn't work out well for him! The article seems to indicate that he's a civilian, does the Navy routinely contract out this 'de-milling' work? If so where do I sign up?, I don't want profit I just figure I could build an A-4 one piece at time..:)

http://ow.ly/Blnf

rrpilot

Like Johnny Cash? Except you'd end up with a mongrel A-3/A-4/F4D/F-15/F-18/SBD/TBD once it was all said and done :)

I know somewhere I've seen an experimental that was made from parts of an F-4 and an A-4 and some other fighters...apparently the whole thing was a failure for the life of me I can't find pics of it anywhere, probably because I can't remember what it was called, maybe someone else knows what I'm referring to and can provide a pic...:confused:

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I know somewhere I've seen an experimental that was made from parts of an F-4 and an A-4 and some other fighters...apparently the whole thing was a failure for the life of me I can't find pics of it anywhere, probably because I can't remember what it was called, maybe someone else knows what I'm referring to and can provide a pic...:confused:

This what you were thinking of? Kinda of like a JSF concept way ahead of its time and technology.

xfv12_2.jpg

xfv-12a-image2.jpg