• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vance Primary

1<3Shiner

Any Studs out there check into Vance recently? I am heading that way for primary in approx two weeks and was trying to figure out the real deal on the check in process and the wait time for classing up. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks

DannyNoonan

check in is a joke, just go to the cherokee lodge on base, get your off base housing pass thingy, then show up at the casual office in the 71st OSS. they will tell you what to do after that. as for the wait time, its kind of weird now due to the strike, every class got pushed back by 3 weeks. but being navy, i would say theres a good chance they will put you in the class starting around august 11.

torpedo0126

not much you can do. get your whites/SDBs cleaned when you get closer to classing up. I have had several 3 uniform days (khakis to whites to flight suits).

Also decide if you want to live on base or not. A lot of people initially are like eewwwww why would I want to live on base? In reality, the studio type dorms are fine and being able to walk across the street to work is a lot nicer than you might think.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Whites? Why the fuck were you wearing whites? The only time I broke out the Good Humor kicks during flight school was for a squadron change of command.

Bevo16

pilot
not much you can do. get your whites/SDBs cleaned when you get closer to classing up. I have had several 3 uniform days (khakis to whites to flight suits).

Say what?

Were you fucking up or what?

I don't wear that many uniforms in a year much less a day.

torpedo0126

we have to earn our flightsuits again at Vance (since we go through Phase 1=API of Air Force Training). Until then we wear khakis. Earning flightsuits is different than API...you have to pass boldface EP tests...which means flightsuits can be taken away even on the flightline. This basically means you could potentially be in khakis until ten minutes before brief.

-You wear whites/SDBs (or Alphas for Marines) for the first two days of briefs.
-You then will have to wear whites/SDBs when you attend the mandatory graduation ceremony
-You wear whites for the mandatory graduation pics--which makes absolutely no sense since most of us will not continue training with AF through winging.

So thats about 4 days where you will at least be in whites/SDBs. I had two 3 uniform days. Those were on the graduation and photo days. For example, I had the graduation cermony in whites in the morning, changed over to khakis for class, and then changed to a flightsuit for sims.

It might not be the same for everybody. If your class can get their shit together and meet the requirements to be in flightsuits it solves most of the problem. That doesn't always happen immediately though...

Bevo16

pilot
we have to earn our flightsuits again at Vance (since we go through Phase 1=API of Air Force Training). Until then we wear khakis.

I always thought they were issued.

I am glad that the Navy treats it's flight students like adults. That shit sounds horrible.

Matthew

pilot
Or, you could have done 10 boldface a day like we did for an entire week. That was really gay.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
we have to earn our flightsuits again at Vance (since we go through Phase 1=API of Air Force Training). Until then we wear khakis. Earning flightsuits is different than API...you have to pass boldface EP tests...which means flightsuits can be taken away even on the flightline. This basically means you could potentially be in khakis until ten minutes before brief.

-You wear whites/SDBs (or Alphas for Marines) for the first two days of briefs.
-You then will have to wear whites/SDBs when you attend the mandatory graduation ceremony
-You wear whites for the mandatory graduation pics--which makes absolutely no sense since most of us will not continue training with AF through winging.

So thats about 4 days where you will at least be in whites/SDBs. I had two 3 uniform days. Those were on the graduation and photo days. For example, I had the graduation cermony in whites in the morning, changed over to khakis for class, and then changed to a flightsuit for sims.

It might not be the same for everybody. If your class can get their shit together and meet the requirements to be in flightsuits it solves most of the problem. That doesn't always happen immediately though...

I can't believe you've been the biggest supporter and defender of vance thus far and then you go and post this story. This is the gayest bunch of bullshit shenanigans I've ever heard of.

Screw Vance and the air farce. Stay Navy if you're smart and NEVER volunteer for Vance. You won't class up faster nor will you be more likely to get jets. And life apparently blows there.

KBayDog

This is the gayest bunch of bullshit shenanigans I've ever heard of.

Screw Vance and the air farce. Stay Navy if you're smart and NEVER volunteer for Vance. You won't class up faster nor will you be more likely to get jets. And life apparently blows there.

So what you're trying to say is...?

torpedo0126

Or, you could have done 10 boldface a day like we did for an entire week. That was really gay.

When we failed our second boldface, this prior enlisted AF guy stood up and started bitching the entire class out. He told us that if we couldn't just copy this stuff down we should just drop out of pilot training. Made sense...until he consequently failed the next two tests and started a 3 week string of failures.

torpedo0126

I can't believe you've been the biggest supporter and defender of vance thus far and then you go and post this story. This is the gayest bunch of bullshit shenanigans I've ever heard of.

I didn't volunteer for Vance.

Its people who come here with that attitude that have the biggest chip on their shoulder. Its pilot training. You get to fly...its not that bad.

Yea there are some things that sucks. I know I would enjoy Navy training better. However, if I came here with that attitude, not only would I have no friends among my classmates, I probably would not be very highly regarded among IPs either.

The fact is while wearing khakis a few additional weeks longer sucked, merely being involved in pilot training more than makes up for it. There are a lot of people who would kill to be here, so wearing khakis has been a minor inconvenience.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I didn't volunteer for Vance.

Its people who come here with that attitude that have the biggest chip on their shoulder. Its pilot training. You get to fly...its not that bad.

Yea there are some things that sucks. I know I would enjoy Navy training better. However, if I came here with that attitude, not only would I have no friends among my classmates, I probably would not be very highly regarded among IPs either.

The fact is while wearing khakis a few additional weeks longer sucked, merely being involved in pilot training more than makes up for it. There are a lot of people who would kill to be here, so wearing khakis has been a minor inconvenience.

I would never vocalize my malcontent to people at Vance, so I understand your attitude in that respect, but I just wanted to hear you concede.... Well done. :D

torpedo0126

I would never vocalize my malcontent to people at Vance, so I understand your attitude in that respect, but I just wanted to hear you concede.... Well done. :D

And I respond with...Jessica Alba is shooting a movie in Enid right now

I am working on getting a spot as a stand in.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
And I respond with...Jessica Alba is shooting a movie in Enid right now

I am working on getting a spot as a stand in.

See if they have any positions open for her "stunt panties" and I'll start checking for plane tickets to Enid and sniv a date.