• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vf-101

navyao

I understand that VF-101 will have its disestablishment ceremony on 15 September, (the day before the Oceana air show). Has anyone heard if there will be an F-14 TACAIR demo by any of the remaining squadrons? Just curious, I only get limited info from the F-14 Assoc.

Thanks

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
I've heard rumors there may be a -101 crew doing a show in one of -32's birds. I've heard this from a few different sources. Can't say if there is any truth to it, but I would expect there will be at least a static tomcat or two.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
From what I have heard thier won't be but that could change if one of the squadrons are able to set something up. But the last offical air show was actualy at Oceana last year(I was there)

navyao

Thanks for the replies...I got an email the other day that 32 won't trade in their birds until after the air show, so hopefully one of their crews will fly a demo or something. I was at the 04' Oceana show also, that was the best TACAIR demo I've seen since I was underway. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Jakapr

Interesting paint job on the Tomcat. It is close to the way we had ours painted. We had AB on the tails not AC. The picture is in the hangar at Oceana right before our 75 cruise (VF-32). That is VF-14 on the other side of the hangar.

Some of us from the from the first Tomcat cruise from VF-32 plan on meeting at Oceana for the airshow. Last time I was there all the other squadrons still had their Phantoms

9.jpg

Http://www.geocities.com/vf32ae2too

Jack

X-Phantom Phixer
X-Tomcat Tweaker