• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Virtual Aircraft Museum

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Anyone know "Ken Langford"? He comments at the end of the Hornet bio page and claims to have had 8000 hrs of "tactical jet time prior to his first Hornet flight in 1983". On other pages, he talks about flying A-4's, F-4's, F-8's, and FJ's. I know the old days were probably better, but even for then, that sounds a little fishy.

AviatorSon

Ken Langford served with my dad in VF-11 flying F8s. I understand he was a "pilot's pilot" with lots of experience. I can't vouch for his log book, but 8,000 sounds reasonable for a career in that era.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Good find, Chief...heck, I figured everyone here on AW knew of it...my bad. Hugh (BusyBee604) has a comment over there ( A4 section)...as do I (A1 section)...one of my former roommates (Jimmy Merkle)...was about to start the inventory of my personal effects in Jan 1965...LOL (A1 section)...a fellow IP in the A7 RAG (Bud Edson) (IIRC, A1 section)...and several fellow CAG-3 pilots (VA-34 & VA-36 A4 Drivers) from two Med cruises in early sixties.

Ironic...guy over there posted on my last birthday...looking for one of the two A1 pilots who bellied into Algeria prior to escaping...he heard a lecture or something about it delivered by my Flight Leader. Anyway, got a good dialogue going with him when my health crashed in Jan...but will contact him again shortly. Sorry for the threadjack...but I'm old, and get all excited seeing so many familiar names...

BTW, Merkle (above) and I, with two other VA-35 Spad Drivers, attended the disestablishment of the squadron at Oceana...Jim & Bill flew in from MSP & DTW...I drove up w/wife, while Gus & (IIRC) Bill (former 35 CO) drove up as well...