• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

VP Exchange Tour Down Under anyone?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Aussies have made the first formal decision to participate in the P-8/MMA program to replace their AP-3 Orions. Interestingly, like the US Navy, they will augment their MPRA (Maritime Patrol and Response Aircraft) with a Multi-mission Unmanned Aerial System but they did not make a decision to participate in the Navy Broad Area Maritime Surveillance (BAMS) Unmanned Aerial Vehicle.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Exchange tour down under?

We have a liaison billet in Australia, but no flying jobs...color me envious.:icon_rage

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
During my last staff job, I was fortunate enough to be the Australia country officer and liaison... It was quite eye opening how many billets are available down there, not just for PEP. I was quite envious of one LT that was working at Maritime Headquarters in Sydney, and another liaison officer working in Perth... man, rough tours of duty!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
.... and another liaison officer working in Perth...
Back in 1988 when I broke down in Perth for a couple of weeks in Perth (damn bad luck :D), that liason officer had a 4 drawer filing cabinet full of pictures and data cards for the local ladies. Very comprehensive data to include their perfered sexual positions and habits. My crew and I found it necessary to frequently check in with him - almost daily in fact. After all, he was the senior USN officer present.....

He was a SWO CDR who has just about to finish his 4th year there and 20th in the Navy. He was a single guy, retire papers signed, files copied and Australian immigration approved. I never met a happier SWO in my life.

Lawman

None
Back in 1988 when I broke down in Perth for a couple of weeks in Perth (damn bad luck :D), that liason officer had a 4 drawer filing cabinet full of pictures and data cards for the local ladies. Very comprehensive data to include their perfered sexual positions and habits. My crew and I found it necessary to frequently check in with him - almost daily in fact. After all, he was the senior USN officer present.....

He was a SWO CDR who has just about to finish his 4th year there and 20th in the Navy. He was a single guy, retire papers signed, files copied and Australian immigration approved. I never met a happier SWO in my life.

Suddenly getting my 3rd choice doesnt seem so bad....

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Australia ... the birthplace of my Grandfather ... where my niece lives today .... always a very tough duty station. ;)

I trained 3 Aussie LSO's on one cruise ... one was named "Killer" .... but he was a pussycat :D .... they reciprocated by "dragging" me back to their one and only "attack" carrier for some payback ... if I could have stayed, I would have, Mate. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
she single?
Nope ... she's married to an Aussie surfer bum who has a rich Daddy .... ahhhhhhh, true love. :)

Aussie surfer bum hanging 10 where the toilets flush clockwise ...

aussiesurfwhic015id7.jpg