• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waivers over time

Sundown

Eight-year-olds, Dude...
What kind of effect does this have on promotions? I'll have 3 waivers going in and I feel like when the opportunity arrises they are going to come back to haunt me. I'm sure some of you current officers have some waivers and can tell me how it has effected your careers.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As long as the waivers aren't for being gay or a sex change, you should be fine. Don't sweat it. I'm sure if the O-4s had a waiver for breathing, they'd still promote them.

ElCidAv8tor05

Any of you boys seen a VORTAC around here?
pilot
... I'm sure if the O-4s had a waiver for breathing, they'd still promote them.

hahaha, funny you say that, because there is a flight surgeon (O-4) that works at NOMI who actually has a waiver for having only one lung. He's a former E-2 NFO.

-"Easy"

Sundown

Eight-year-olds, Dude...
As long as the waivers aren't for being gay or a sex change, you should be fine. Don't sweat it. I'm sure if the O-4s had a waiver for breathing, they'd still promote them.

Ha, very funny. I'm just spooked about it I guess. I feel like I'll be looked over in my later years, if I make it that far. Thanks for the response.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Your medical record is just that, yours. I think in the past, somehow people would find out about VD, but otherwise it's not something that people see because it's confidential. Your CO might know a bit about you if it relates to flying or troubles at home (alcoholism, depression, or on some medication for some health reason) because the flight surgeon will be backfilling him, but otherwise, don't sweat it.