• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

'War hero' admits he never went to battle

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Is it me or are news stories regarding veteran impersonations becoming more frequent?

I had a friend ask me what the big deal was. He didn't think that these imposters hurt anybody. I educated him real quick. Not only do these phonies tarnish the sacrifices made by real service men and women, some of them make money off of their lies. I know of one gentleman in particular who continues to sell a book of his "exploits" in WWII on Ebay even though he has been publicly "outed" by individuals who served with him.

Anyway, read on.

An interview conducted with "Ortiz" can be heared here: http://www.themonitor.com/Templates/multimedia/content.cfm?mID=5&skin=G

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
How did no one catch that claim that he was in for 39 years and throw up the bullsh!t flag? I mean he'd be a fvcking 4 star general...

I want this guy to do time.

Brett327 said:
Yeah, why would you want to pretend to be a Marine, of all things? ;)
Burn!

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
What? The fact that he made all this stuff up or the fact that everybody bought into this, hook line and sinker, for a decade??

I'd go with #2...

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
One of the things that get's me is his reasoning for wearing the uniform. And I quote,"I think that if a person can own one - referencing (sp?) the uniform- then they out to be able to wear it."

Just listen to the interview. It also has a slideshow which shows him in uniform.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
That guy is disgusting. I don't if it is realistic/possible, but I hope he goes to jail.

Huggy Bear

pilot
I don't know this for a fact, but I assume it is illegal to wear a police uniform, carry a badge, etc. Too bad the same wouldn't apply for the military.

USFpilot06

pilot
I may be wrong but isn't there a wall in DC next to the Vietnam wall called the wall of shame?, I believe it has a list of impersonators who pretend to be veterans of the Vietnam war (maybe others) I wonder how he feels... hopefully shameful.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
read about this in the local paper, sick stuff..i dont blame the people i blame him