• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Warbirds in Hampton Roads Area

WRV 85

I was out surfing this weekend at Virginia Beach (good sets) and this P-51 flew by over the water...does anybody know if someone at NAS Oceana or possibly Langley AFB privately owns one? Also, I saw a Spitfire (either a mark 1 or 3) a month or so ago in roughly the same area. I know that there's an airport out in Suffolk where they have a F4F Wildcat. Just curious if anyone in the area would know. Thanks

Av8or72Dan

I think that there is a hanger at SFQ where guys restore old war birds. I got a chance to fly in a B-17 down there as well as walk around a PBY.

WRV 85

Bet that was an awesome time. I got to fly in a PT-17 Stearman at an airshow back in high school...flying in an open cockpit is absolutly amazing...nothing like feeling the wind go by and hearing the engine roaring. The truely awesome part was that the pilot wanted $40 for a 10 min flight; my dad and I had like $20 combined...anyways long story short, they started the show right after we took off...and Igot to cruise around the countryside for an hour...the controls were all mine after we left the ground and right before landing.