• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Warrant Officer program?

mav04

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about going blue to green (suppose thats what it is called) to become a wo (army). Currently a crewman on a hm53, and was wondering if anyone would know how to go about getting picked up... thanks.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm a Marine, but I think it's an MH-53, not hm53.

I know of a couple Marines who went from CH-46 crewchief to Army WO. They were both Sgts, so they had fairly long service records to base their applications on. I don't know of the details of the accession process, but I'd start by looking for Army officer programs either online or in the phone book.

I'm guessing that the Navy is going to want to get its obligation out of you before letting you go Army, so I'd also look at the Navy officer accession programs. It will require going to school, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

S.O.B.

pilot
Just wondering if anyone knows anything about going blue to green (suppose thats what it is called) to become a wo (army). Currently a crewman on a hm53, and was wondering if anyone would know how to go about getting picked up... thanks.

Are you in the FRS?

Stearmann4

I'm here for the Jeeehawd!
None
The Navy will indeed let you out of any contractual obligation if you get selected for any service's commisioning program. The one and only time I screwed the Navy; I re-enlisted for a (big) SEAL bonus in February, got 50%, and left for Army flight school in June. Got to keep the 50%. I don't recall the reg, but I did read it with my own eyes.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor

Hey there...Good luck and it's a pretty big package. (hehe)

I had one of my crewmen from my first cruise put in for it. First and foremost, you want to talk to an Army Officer recruiter and explain that you'd like to put in for the WO program. Navy WO and Army WO requirements are different. I don't know what they are off the top of my head, but from what I understand, it's easier to go Army WO.

Associates degree is required. I do know that. 2 LOR from your direct COC (I had to do one and so did my OIC). Last 4 or so EVALS should be MP/EPs with no disciplinary actions and this is key: WARRANT OFFICER or OCS written in "Further Job recommendation" block...if you don't have that written in your 2 most recent EVALs, get it in there ASAP. Personal statement, etc. But talk to the Army OFFICER recruiter...and don't let him talk you into anything you don't want (ie, go in with a plan...if he doesn't want to help...stay navy baby).

~D

Coota0

None
Associates degree is required. I do know that.

I've been checking into the WOFT program as wee (accept for the civvie to flight school route) you don't need an associates degree, they would like for you to have 2 years of college under your belt, but all you have to have is 15 credit hours. The more college the better your chances of acceptence is what I was told.

Coota0

None
Now I'm correcting myself :eek:

Right of the Army's website:

Requirements-
Have a high school diploma.

Be at least 18 years of age at the time of Regular Army enlistment and not have passed your 33rd birthday when the board convenes. High school seniors may also apply. If you are 33-34 years of age, you may request a waiver.

Be a citizen of the United States.

Score 90 or higher on the revised Flight Aptitude Selection Test (FAST). FAST test results are valid indefinitely as long as verifiable official records exist. No waivers are available for failure to meet the minimum FAST score.
Earn a minimum of 110 General Technical (GT) score on the Armed Forces Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) (non-waivable as well). The GT score is one component of the ASVAB results.

Meet the Active Duty Army's screening height and weight standards.
Take a complete physical exam at a Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS) and meet entry medical fitness standards as determined by military medical authorities no more than eighteen months prior to the date of application. Must also undergo a Class 1A Flight Physical Examination in addition to the one conducted at the MEPS and have results approved by Flight Surgeons at Fort Rucker, Alabama, prior to the selection board. The Flight Physical must also be less than 18 months old.

http://www.goarmy.com/about/warrant_officer.jsp