• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Watch these guys try to start an A-10

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Not a real A-10, a simulator one, but... yeah... the reactions to the master caution tone are pretty awesome. Fun starts around 3:30, also at 9:35. They start using a checklist at 18:00, takeoff around 40:00.

CAMike

None
Contributor
That sounds like a Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode gone bad. We have some pretty talented writers here. Maybe an IP can start a thread about personal "No-Shit this really happened with an SNA" experiences.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Maybe an IP can start a thread about personal "No-Shit this really happened with an SNA" experiences.

Unfortunately, the concept of privilege doesn't extend to AW. Otherwise, there would be some insanely good stories on here. (Yes, aircraft engines really can start like the Batmobile.)

jmcquate

Contributor
Give the guys credit. Thier gamer geeks and they got it started and off of the ground (all be it on a taxiway) but off the ground anyway.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
a-10 vs a-4 in acm might be interesting.
my gut tells me the a-4 might come in 2nd. the scooter might have a speed advantage but probably not a turning advantage.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
hausmannva56.jpg
spaceout.gifvv

spaceout.gif