• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Went to MEPS, have a few q's

Jakain

Last Thursday and Friday I went to MEPS to take the ASVAB and do the physical. I scored a 98 on my ASVAB, I had to take it since I never took the SAT or ACT. Anyway, on Friday I got to experience the duck walk and the other fine pleasures you have to do at MEPs, but I've got a few q's.

How long does it take for the blood and urine tests to come through? I was under the impression that everything would be completed on the day of the physical. Will these results be mailed to me or would it go directly to the recruiter? Whats the time frame like on this? Will I be able to see the results? I've always wanted to know what my blood type was, its just one of those things I've never known and the physical was the first time I've ever had blood drawn from me.

I planned on calling up my recruiter and the MEPs station tomorrow, but I'd greatly appreciate any feedback you guys are willing to provide.

Stubby

Ask the Chief
If you are enlisting, you would have had to take the ASVAB regardless of whether you had taken the SAT or ACT before. This is how the Navy determines your eligibility for whatever job you choose.

The results of your physical will probably not be mailed to you; In fact you will probably not get any feedback from your physical at all unless there is a problem. I'm not sure what the time frame would be, but your recruiter should be able to answer that question. You'll know your blood type by the day you get on the bus for initial training, it'll be on your dogtags as well.

What job are you requesting?

Jakain

I appreciate the reply and the info. I am in the process of joining the USMC Pilot PLC contract and I had to take the ASVAB because I never took the SAT or ACT.

wrk

Hopefully some PLC person can fill us in on this, but I didn't think you had to go to MEPS to enter PLC. Sounds to me like a crafty recruiter.

Stubby

Ask the Chief
I appreciate the reply and the info. I am in the process of joining the USMC Pilot PLC contract and I had to take the ASVAB because I never took the SAT or ACT.
Interesting.... well, Good luck!

Hopefully some PLC person can fill us in on this, but I didn't think you had to go to MEPS to enter PLC. Sounds to me like a crafty recruiter.
Nah... it was probably just the closest military medical facility.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot

Everybody goes to MEPS. I did when I contracted, and so did every PLC contract from our office when I did PTAD. The ASVAB is required when an ACT score isn't high enough or was never taken.

wrk

Well that's good to hear. First thought of mine that the recruiter wasn't being totally honest.