• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What and Where?

NookyBooky04

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I've been wondering for a while about where exactly all the different Navy aircraft communities are based, and I thought it would be good to get a comprehensive list of airframes and their respective bases for those wondering where exactly their career as a Naval Aviator or NFO might take them, ie Fighters-VA Beach and Leemore, CODS-North Island and ??, etc, etc.

NookyBooky04

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Perhaps you would like our war plans as well?

Forgive me for asking about such classified information so crucial to national security. How dare I inquire about such things as where I might spend the next 10 years of my life. Sometimes I just wonder about myself...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Forgive me for asking about such classified information so crucial to national security. How dare I inquire about such things as where I might spend the next 10 years of my life. Sometimes I just wonder about myself...

There have been a couple threads along those lines, so I would urge you to make use of the search function. If you have further questions, we'll be happy to help you out. :D

Brett

BOMBSonHAWKEYES

pilot
He's probably putting a project together for an ROTC class or just interested in his futue. At least he now knows where to come for a quick slap in the face.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I've been wondering for a while about where exactly all the different Navy aircraft communities are based, and I thought it would be good to get a comprehensive list of airframes and their respective bases for those wondering where exactly their career as a Naval Aviator or NFO might take them, ie Fighters-VA Beach and Leemore, CODS-North Island and ??, etc, etc.

You have to understand how shady this post looks, especially with your low post count and negative rep points. Squadrons do get random calls asking when they will deploy and things of that nature. The members of AW do practice OPSEC and have a right to withold info from someone asking for comprehensive lists.

NookyBooky04

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I had no idea this sort of thing would be thought of as sensitive info. It's no secret what is based around SD because all you have to do is look up while driving past Miramar on the 15, or the 52, etc, etc. Same thing with every other base I've seen. So, sorry if I ruffled any feathers but I didn't think this info was any more sensitive to national security than any other public info is.

To clarify my intentions, I have a gf and a million other friends and family members asking me a million questions about where I'm going, what I'm going to be doing. And I assume there is many others on this website in the same situation. I know where Prowlers, Hornets, and P-3's are based, I've seen them on the site (I actually have done searches on the subject) and they're talked about alot on the site. I had never seen a complete list that included some of the less talked about airframes. However, I just thought it would be nice to get a more complete list in one thread so that people could come to one place for those sort of questions. Again, sorry if I ruffled any feathers but I was just trying to simplifiy things a bit.

NB