• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What % get British Army, RAF and RN?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...apparently it's pretty easy when you're one of the Queen of England's brood.

Prince William begins RAF flight training

So, 2nd Lt Wales does Sandhurst, learns how to drive tanks, now he's getting qual'ed in helos and fixed-wing. And after he gets his RAF wings, he'll go off to drive some of His Grandmother's Ships for a while. In addition to the fantastic inherited wealth, titled international playboy thing, not a bad gig if you can get it.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah but they wont let him go to the show so less than a good investment for the British taxpayers.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah...but the cat was willing to go. Not his fault they kept him home. I can see both sides...would you want to be the yob driving his tank knowing the tank commander was Crazy Jihadi Target #1?

schwarti

Contributor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was Harry who was the tank commander. Wills is the one who wants to be a pilot. (And Harry was the one that was pushing to go to Iraq, and they didn't let him go.)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...apparently it's pretty easy when you're one of the Queen of England's brood.

Prince William begins RAF flight training

So, 2nd Lt Wales does Sandhurst, learns how to drive tanks, now he's getting qual'ed in helos and fixed-wing. And after he gets his RAF wings, he'll go off to drive some of His Grandmother's Ships for a while. In addition to the fantastic inherited wealth, titled international playboy thing, not a bad gig if you can get it.

Quite common for European royalty to do a stint with each service, the King of Spain and the Crown Prince of Denmark are two examples.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was Harry who was the tank commander. Wills is the one who wants to be a pilot. (And Harry was the one that was pushing to go to Iraq, and they didn't let him go.)

Both were in the Blues and Royals, a cavalry regiment. Harry was the one slated to go to Iraq, and apparently wanted to, but the Chief of the Defence Staff nixed it.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Quite common for European royalty to do a stint with each service, the King of Spain and the Crown Prince of Denmark are two examples.

In summary: It's good to be the king (or king to be in this case) :icon_mi_1

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I'm just going to speculate that he probably won't get many checklists to the head during HIS flight training.

...probably will get jet grades, too.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
So, does he call his IPs "sir?" Do they call him, "Your Highness?"

BlkPny

pilot
When Harry was in OCS, they interviewed his Sgt Major Instructor.

TV guy; "How will you address the Prince, Sgt Major?"

Sgt Maj; "He will call me Sir, and I will call him Sir. The only difference will be, he will mean it."

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I loved how he is getting his wings in 4 months and they are teaching him to be a "competent" pilot.....not an "operational" pilot.

GroundPounder

His dad, HRH The Prince of Wales, was a qualified helo and fixed wing pilot in the RN and RAF. Used to sit left seat in the BA 146 that was operated by the then 32 Squadron ( Royal ) on occasion, for " training. "

Until he ran it off the end of a runway once, now not so much left seat for him.

The late King of Jordon, the Sultan of Brunei, and a host of other royals take advantage of their postion to sample the inventory. It's been said before, but it is in fact, " Good to be the King. "