• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

what the hell is SWO-Intel

josiebloom

Pretty much what the title says.
I took the OAR for intel yesterday only to find out my board in January was cancelled since they've filled intel slots for the FY. I'm a senior in college and was really hoping to start pretty quickly after graduating (less than a year if possible) so I'm thinking about potential other options. I've heard of SWO-Intel before but I have no idea what that even means to be completely honest

ausername

From what I understand you will start as a SWO, and will have the option to lateral transfer to intel at some point, someone said after two divo tours as a SWO.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Pretty much what the title says.
I took the OAR for intel yesterday only to find out my board in January was cancelled since they've filled intel slots for the FY. I'm a senior in college and was really hoping to start pretty quickly after graduating (less than a year if possible) so I'm thinking about potential other options. I've heard of SWO-Intel before but I have no idea what that even means to be completely honest

Google the Intel program authorization. It tells you towards the back end of it.

Similarly if you have follow on or other misc recruiting questions use the search function.

josiebloom

From what I understand you will start as a SWO, and will have the option to lateral transfer to intel at some point, someone said after two divo tours as a SWO.
that makes a lot of sense, thanks so much.

most places I’ve looked sorta answered the question but weren’t entirely clear so this is great!

HSMPBR

Not a misfit toy
pilot
that makes a lot of sense, thanks so much.

most places I’ve looked sorta answered the question but weren’t entirely clear so this is great!
Phase 0 of Intel candidate selection is to see if the candidate can independently go out and gather relevant useful information—usually it’s information that already exists because someone else did it and hung it on the internet. Don’t self-select yourself out.

However, maybe you’re actually a HUMINT expert and got me to cough up the answer because I’m now curious how it works. Here it is:
1727553870035.jpeg Anyway, I wonder if PERS-41 weaponizes this by sending SWO-IWC options to ships stuck in the yards where it can take longer to qualify.

Look into the selection rates for the SWO-Intel option, or lack thereof. When I was doing research into designators, I found that there is rarely ever a selection for SWO-INTEL. I think I read that it’s really only been used for academy grads. Like the Guru said, follow up with a recruiter and see.