• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's going on with the F-35

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuggerat

Whats going on with the F-35, are they going to start turning out pre-operational verisions or are they going to sit around and think about the budget overruns. I've been to the Lockheed site numerous times in the past few months and I have yet to see any new developments. Anyone got any good tidbits they're dying to get out?

46Driver

"It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gon
There's a whole thread on it just a few down about how it is overweight. Funding is a problem as Operation Iraqi Freedom burns through cash. We'll know more after the election in November.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Let's swoop up a few Eurofighters. Ha. But seriously, from what I can tell they're not bad planes. Hehe... let's start a new conversation.

"The AmeriFighter"

Clux4

Banned
Does anybody know weather or not the Marine Corps is suppose to have the Navy's version of the JSF. I would think they will get a few taking-off with a lunchbar as oppose to ahphalt-burning.

Clux4

Banned
That is the same thing i thought, but i have a feeling they will get some of the Navy's versions since this is meant to replace the 18's in the near future.

zuggerat

i thought that the marines wanted to take their air capabilities in the same direction as the royal navy, and have STOVL's everywhere. it makes sense because the threat has changed just a bit since the days of the coldwar

Clux4

Banned
I think there is even more progress on the AF and Navy version than there is on the Marine Corps version. The last i heard, the Marine Corps version was overweight and they had to go back to the drawing board. Let them start rolling them into the Squadron and then we will see what the MC will decide.

Clux4

Banned
Yeah you right, I spoke to one of their crew chif the other day and he was telling me how bad a$$ the thing is. They plug in their computer after flight, and it tells them every required maintenance. From how much oil to fuel needed. The thing that got my attention i was the weapons bay, that freaking thing is huge.

You talking about the Eurofighter. You know how many of those things were lost initially. ( lots of them)

zuggerat

it must really be a great design because the final version deviates very little from the experimental demonstrator

Attachments

• jsfpr020723_lr.jpg
    jsfpr020723_lr.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 59

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zuggerat said:
it must really be a great design because the final version deviates very little from the experimental demonstrator

Not surprising, as computers have almost eliminated the need for physical prototypes all together.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Does anyone know when the F-14 is suppose to make its last tour at sea? Its going to be a sad day for me.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.