• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When us Brits had proper Carriers ..

The Crab

.. http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1271-full.html#199354

Good old HMS Ark Royal in the days when we had Carriers longer than a football field, just clearing out my video files and thought this might interest. I like the way the Buccaneer jockey having a problem getting aboard attracts quite a crowd.

These would have come in a bit handy in the Falklands but by then both types had transferred to the RAF.

Please feel free to take the mickey out of the accents !! .. ;)

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Great video. Have any others like it?

At about the 2:15 mark, where they're describing a Phantom doing touch-and-goes, I thought the narrator was describing the pilot when he said something about the hook not being down and thought he said "he might be retarded," (ouch, harsh!) where he actually was describing the aircraft and saying "he won't be retarded." Silly brits... we should call the short bus riders "arrestees" now.

USNMark

That was a great video, thanks for posting! It's interesting to see how the pilots are talked to on the radio versus here in the States or elsewhere.
"Yeah let's just, get the LSOs to have a chat with him.. he was just a little slow there"
"Right, it's his first time to the deck"
"Ah now, that's better, that's better. keep it coming down, keep it coming down..... (bolter)
"Alright tell the LSOs to tell him that was a much better approach, and the next time just to keep on the meatball and keep it coming down....." (bolter)
"Jack? Talk to him like an old dad.. okay, that's it.. coax him onto the glidepath..." :icon_bigg

nugget61

pilot
Awesome.
Whats the plane on deck at about 5:50? Reminds me a bit of an F4U with a double prop?

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Repost but insightful. I will say that I've never heard an Air Boss say, "That was lovely."
Cheers.;)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
The Brits manage to make something as violent as (controlled) crashing a plane onto a deck look and sound downright civilized. I love it.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Awesome.
Whats the plane on deck at about 5:50? Reminds me a bit of an F4U with a double prop?

Blasphemy!

Gannet_AS.4_NAN9-79.jpg

Does NOT resemble...

800px-Corsair_FG-1D_Bu88391_RNZAF.jpg

Joe Kaposi

Great video. Have any others like it?

At about the 2:15 mark, where they're describing a Phantom doing touch-and-goes, I thought the narrator was describing the pilot when he said something about the hook not being down and thought he said "he might be retarded," (ouch, harsh!) where he actually was describing the aircraft and saying "he won't be retarded." Silly brits... we should call the short bus riders "arrestees" now.
I have a PLAT film where it starts of with the LSO saying 'a little Moron' which always makes me laugh.