• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which book to get?

Lonestar155

is good to go
I ran across two books that appeal to me, but I'd like some opinions on either of the two books. Im looking into buying only one. They are: Hammer from Above: Marine Air Combat Over Iraq by Jay Stout or Hornets over Kuwait by Stout. Im a big hornet guy, but Hammer From Above apparently has some good stories on many of the missions the Marine fighters went through in Iraq. Any feedback will be good to help me with a decision.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Don't limit yourself to just one... broaden your knowledge and read them both.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
When faced with a choice between two objects that you want, there is only one answer: get both.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
I ran across two books that appeal to me, but I'd like some opinions on either of the two books. Im looking into buying only one. They are: Hammer from Above: Marine Air Combat Over Iraq by Jay Stout or Hornets over Kuwait by Stout. Im a big hornet guy, but Hammer From Above apparently has some good stories on many of the missions the Marine fighters went through in Iraq. Any feedback will be good to help me with a decision.

Yeah, it's called Weather, Aerodynamics I, Aero II and Flight Rules and Regulations to get started.

Just kidding. Either one would probably be cool...

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Hammer from Above was decent. What I read of it at least. I started it a few days before fall semester began, unfortunately I don't have time for personal reading anymore. Its definitely not solely focused on 18s though.