• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN Which route would be best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polaris_2007

Hey everyone! I am entering my senior year of high school and am beginning to seriously consider what I want to do afterward. My main goal is to become a pilot (preferably fixed-wing) in the Navy. I have begun looking at USNA, NROTC, USMMA, and applying to OCS after earning a bachelor's degree. The thing about the SA's and ROTC is that I am not guaranteed a pilot spot, correct? Isn't it more guaranteed to become a pilot if I apply to OCS?

Regarding OCS, my major wouldn't have a significant effect, right? If I go to normal college, I would most likely pursue something in STEM, providing me with a science and math background. But does a high GPA always look better than a complex degree? I have considered enlisting, but I hear that would significantly lower my chances of reaching my goal.

If anyone has gone through OCS to become a pilot from a normal college, would you mind telling me your story? I greatly appreciate all responses/feedback!!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey everyone! I am entering my senior year of high school and am beginning to seriously consider what I want to do afterward. My main goal is to become a pilot (preferably fixed-wing) in the Navy. I have begun looking at USNA, NROTC, USMMA, and applying to OCS after earning a bachelor's degree. The thing about the SA's and ROTC is that I am not guaranteed a pilot spot, correct? Isn't it more guaranteed to become a pilot if I apply to OCS?

Regarding OCS, my major wouldn't have a significant effect, right? If I go to normal college, I would most likely pursue something in STEM, providing me with a science and math background. But does a high GPA always look better than a complex degree? I have considered enlisting, but I hear that would significantly lower my chances of reaching my goal.

If anyone has gone through OCS to become a pilot from a normal college, would you mind telling me your story? I greatly appreciate all responses/feedback!!

Welcome to the forum. Before the mods can chime in here, the "new guy/gal" posts are typically frowned upon since your questions (and others) are commonly asked. Suggest you take the time to browse the forums, as well as your Internet/Google senses.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.