• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiting Field vs Corpus Christi

thedude171

So I've heard that the navy is supposedly sending married SNAs to whiting and single snas to corpus. Does anyone know if this is true? Is there some qualification that sends you to either one or is it completely random?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I know single SNAs in whiting and two married SNAs in Corpus. Don't believe the hype. What is USUAL and what happens ALL the time are not the same thing. They do tend to send married to whiting and single to vance/corpus but don't count on it.

LivinMyDream

pilot
The reasoning behind sending married SNA's and/or SNA's who come on PCS orders (those who went to NPS, AFIT, or another post-grad program) is that it would cost the Navy more money to perform two PCS moves for them (one to Pensacola for IFS, and API, and another to Vance or Corpus). It is more cost effective to send single STUD's to the other locations.

Yes, there are exceptions (esp. if a SNA got married while stationed in Pensacola) and no PCS move was completed, etc, but for the most part it is as described above.

You will have fun and love wherever you wind up, and your friends will become friends for life wherever you end up. Enjoy Primary: it's the time of your life!

S3b_viking

I know single SNAs in whiting and two married SNAs in Corpus. Don't believe the hype. What is USUAL and what happens ALL the time are not the same thing. They do tend to send married to whiting and single to vance/corpus but don't count on it.

Yep, don't count on it. I was married, but got sent to Vance. Anything can happen!

Rg9

pilot
So I've heard that the navy is supposedly sending married SNAs to whiting and single snas to corpus. Does anyone know if this is true? Is there some qualification that sends you to either one or is it completely random?
Yes it's true, but as said, not universal. They have numbers to meet at both, so to save money they usually keep married guys at Whiting. My class was about 50/50 married/single at Whiting. I liked it better there as a married guy since so many other guys were married, so we were all kind of in the same boat. Plus, my wife could make friends with other wives.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I was repeating the party line that I was told, I guess I drank the Kool-Aid. :D I've lived in Pensacola for 10 years and it wasn't enough to get me a primary slot here. It all worked out in the end and I'm really excited about going somewhere new.

Rubiks06

pilot
Like anything else. Make a request and the needs of the navy determine the answer. That being said I never saw them turn down a volunteer to go to Vance and I never saw them force a married guy to go to Whiting. Needs of the Navy.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

If you want Corpus, request it from flight management when you check in. It won't guarantee you a spot, but the competition seemed to be more for Whiting spots (among single guys/ladies). I wanted Corpus, asked for it, and got it. The other single guys in my API class either went to Corpus with me, or went to Vance, no exceptions that I can think of aside from the priors.

I'd ignore the single guys go to Corpus bit since many stay in Whiting, but it seems that the majority of married folks do stay in Whiting (i.e. they show up with follow-on orders).